Cancer is still one of the deadliest disease and one with prime importance all medical tourism packages. The abnormal growth of cells, at a particular location of a body spreading to other parts by the tissue fluid is known as metastasis.
The uncontrolled cell division results in the formation of neoplasm and this if left to continue leads to malignant cell growth or cancer. There are a lot of characteristics of the cancerous malignant cells.
- First of all the cells become immortal and hence they can be safely maintained in tissue culture, generation after generation.
- The cells feature a loss of contact inhibition which means, they do not stop growing even when they come in contact with each other.
- The malignant cells increase the net negative charge on the surface of the cell membrane. This increase is due to the reduction in the number of sodium ions on their surface.
- The cells lose their power of adhesion on the surface.
- Aneuploidy might result, which causes an increase or decrease in the number of chromosomes in the malignant cells.
- Surface attachment of the cells are completely lost and their invading property is heightened due to the increase in the protease activity.
- Proteolytic investigation is increased. Plasmin, protease are the new proteolytic enzymes which are produced. This completely changes the structural conformity of the existing cells.
- Glycolysis rate is commonly increased in the malignant cells and hence aerobic respiration rate is reduced, as a result of the increase in sugar concentration. This is known as the Crabtree effect.
- Since the cells grow and divide without any control they do not need any substratum.
- The proportion and the consequence of glycoproteins and glycolipids are drastically changed in the cell membrane.
- Sugar utilization is also altered with the increase in the rate of glycolysis.
- The amount of microtubules and microfilaments is reduced due to the increase in
Vaidam- India medical tourism arranges for medical tourism across any region of India for cancer patients. Sarcoma is the most rare form of malignancy of the connective tissue. This accounts for only 2% of all kinds of human cancer. There are various types of sarcoma which depends upon the type of tissue affected.
Osteosarcoma is malignancy of connective tissue of the bones. Rhabdomyosarcoma is sarcoma in striated muscles. Chondrosarcoma is sarcoma in cartilage, and in the smooth muscles it is known as leiomyosarcoma. Liposarcoma includes cancer in the adipose tissue.
Development of Cancer mainly occurs due to the modification in the cell cycle, due to the invasion of any virus, chemicals or radiation. Cancer can be detected by CT scan, pathological examination or biopsy, X-rays, pulmonary function tests for lungs, core biopsy, hormone receptor test or even needle biopsy.
Abnormal cell growth can be classified into four different types based on the nature of growth but all of them are not harmful to the organism. Like for example hyperplasia refers to a condition in which abnormal growth and production of normal cells occur. For instance in the case of growth of female breast during pregnancy.