As a full-time traveler and commercial drone pilot, they always ask me, “What are the best drones to travel with?” While this is not a question with a direct answer, there are many drone options on the market. today’s market, which is well suited for traveling. The goal is to make it easier for you to choose, as this guide describes the best drones.
I want to start with what you should know and what to look for when buying a travel drone. Then we will analyze which drones are available and how they relate to the journey and its intended use. Some drones you’ll hit, like DJI Phantoms, but there are other great drones that work well for lesser known trips.
Things you should know before you buy a travel drone
Everyone wants to buy a drone these days. But before you do so, here are some things you should know.
- Some drones are compact and others have solid landing legs that do not collapse.
- Some drones have fixed cameras, others need GoPro cameras.
- Drones are not easy to fly. Yes, some say that everyone can fly easily, but that is not the case. They are difficult to fly and require a lot of practice to be competent.
- Not all drones are ready to fly. You should check if you have a compatible smartphone or tablet. Some need updates and registration before they can fly.
- Not all drones are alike. All drones work differently. Some have more features to make the flight easier and others more. Some have fixed cameras and some need to add a GoPro or their DSLR. Some have sensors to keep you from falling into things, not others.
- In some countries the use of drones is not allowed. You must examine every country you want to visit.
- You can not always fly due to weather and restrictions. There are also moral values like flying over churches. We traveled in Europe for 3 months and flew only 10 times due to weather and restrictions.
- You can use Foldable Drones that Follows You
Do you have room to take a drone while traveling?
If you can not turn in manual mode with a DSLR, it is difficult for you to produce quality with a drone. The best drones require manual operation skills to produce the best content.
Are you checking your pockets while flying? Or continue? If you have a drone, do you really want to check that?
These are just a few things you should keep in mind before buying a drone for the trip. Each traveler will answer these questions differently, but there are questions that need to be answered before investing in a drone to travel.
The best drones to travel
Next, I’ve put together a list of the best drones. Some drones are compact and others are not. When we started buzzing, the options available were very limited, fortunately there are now a wide variety of drones on the market that are suitable for travelers of all kinds.
When you buy a drone, you have to think about space and function. If you’re just on vacation and want to use your drone for fun, you probably do not need a professional unit. But if you want to create quality content for licensing and sales, you should want something with the highest quality photos and videos. Below is a selection of the best drones for travel.
DJI SPARKS The mini drone that says hello to Spark has almost all exclusive DJI technologies. So you can use the moment every time you feel inspired. The DJI Spark is about the size of a drone that every traveler looks for. It’s no bigger than an iPhone that lets you carry it anywhere in your jacket pocket. This is a big win for DJI Spark and makes it a drone for vacationers. The quality of the video and photography is fine at best. Therefore, you can use the moment, but with the movie B-rate. This may be fine for the one time shopping person or for the person who will fly it a few times, but if you are a travel blogger, this should not be your goal.
The DJI Spark has smart flight control options, a mechanical gimbal and a camera with good picture quality. This allows you to quickly start, control, create and share.